Job Seeking Skills Training (JSS)
Preparation for employment including: organizing the job search, presenting oneself both in person and on paper, resume development, sources of job leads, identifying references, cover letters, interview questions, interview techniques, new hire paperwork, thank you letters, and developing a work schedule/calendar and transportation plan.
►Application Materials Preparation
• Email / Social Media
• Resume Development
• Cover Letter(s)
• Dress for Success
• Thank You(s)
• Telephone Skills
• Appointment Setting / Punctuality
• Organizing the Search—Websites and Keywords
• Website Accounts—Usernames, Passwords and Security
• Searching—Job Boards, Social Media, Newspapers, Job Fairs
• Networking—Mapping Your Contacts
• e Trac—A web-based curriculum to develop basic job seeking skills.
Informational Interviews/Job Sadow/Workplace Tour
An experience set up for individual to observe or interview people performing their work duties. The experience includes information gathering, questioning, interaction, and observation. This service may include contact with a mentor who can teach and provide career-related guidance or advice.