This counseling service focuses on reducing work-related behaviors that inhibit the individual’s ability to successfully maintain employment. The Social Coach works to develop an individual’s skills in conflict management, presentation, communication, reading social cues, coping, and impulse control. The goal is development of enhanced social, emotional, and vocational capacity to function on the job.
Placement and Retention Services
An LJ&A Employment Specialist will partner and meet with a consumer regularly to locate job leads, complete applications, go to interviews, and land a job.
Competitive Placements without Supports
$3,800 will be paid per job seeker in the following increments:
Signed Placement Plan-Develop and sign Placement Plan and Summary Report
Job Hire-Follow up with new employee about first day of employment.
Document PBA Coaching on Job Hire-Successful Placement Report.
Successful Placement-Document completion of 90 days of employment.
Employment Supports/Job Coaching for Short-Term Job Supports
Training and consultation to the individual or the business (on-site or off-site) to facilitate successful competitive integrated employment such as:
• job destination training; transportation coordination;
• job site skills training and assistance to perform work duties;
• training in new duties, including new employee orientation and other responsibilities that support job retention;
• training and assistance with work behaviors and interpersonal skills;
• training to develop understanding of employment practices and business policies;
• assistance in changes in the work environment with potential to have impact on job retention;
• identifying, utilizing and integrating natural supports in the workplace; and,
• exploring and seeking job advancement.
Enables intern/job seeker to develop new skills and strengthen existing skills while gaining valuable work experience. Internships are a minimum of 10 hours not to exceed 40 hours per week. Duration is usually 260 hours, up to 520 hours. Intern receives $9.86 an hour.